RCI Automation Consultancy offers laboratory and automation consultancy through Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). LIMS is a software-based system that enables companies to effectively manage laboratory and associated data in order to improve efficiency.
Laboratory Information Management System
Key features of LIMS software include—but are not limited to— workflow and data tracking support, flexible architecture, and data exchange interfaces. The functionality of the LIMS can be divided into five laboratory processing phases;
(1) The reception and log in of a sample and its associated customer data, this is usually initiated when a sample is received by a laboratory;
(2) The assignment, scheduling, and tracking of the sample and the associated analytical workload,
(3) The processing and quality control associated with the sample and the utilized equipment and inventory,
(4) The storage of data associated with the sample analysis,
(5) The inspection, approval, and compilation of the sample data for reporting and/or further analysis.
Additional operations that can be managed by a LIMS system – but are not limited to – ;
(1) Customer relationship management
(2) Instrument calibration and maintenance
(3) Inventory and equipment management
(4) Manual and electronic data entry
(5) Method management
(6) Quality assurance and control
A LIMS consultant is in charge of configuring, implementing, developing and supporting projects and applications related to LIMS. The consultant analyses end user requirements, tailor LIMS solutions and implement them through configuration. The consultant deals with LIMS software installations and configurations and are in charge of their upkeep.
Engaging a LIMS consultant will mitigate your risk and increase your ability to attain true LIMS project success.