T.I.C. Membership certificate 2020
For two years now, the RC Inspection Group is a member of the Tantalum-Niobium International Study Centre.
By offering our inspection and analytical services, we’re able to support the entire industry supply chain.
Recently we received our new T.I.C. membership certificate of 2020, so we gladly continue to contribute our support to this important trade association.
Did you know that:
- Tantalum was discovered in 1802 by Anders Gustaf Ekeberg from Sweden?
- It is named after Tantalus, a Greek mythological figure, most famous for his eternal punishment in Tartarus?
- Niobium is named after Niobe, the daughter of Tantalus?
- The initial name of Niobum was Colombium?
- Because of the weight and size advantages, tantalum capacitors are attractive for mobile phones, laptops, car electronics and cameras?
- Alloyed with other metals, Tantalum is also used in the production of superalloys for jet engine components and nuclear reactors?
- Since Tantalum resists attack by body fluids and is non-irritating, it’s widely used in making surgical instruments and implants?
- Tantalum is also occasionally used in precious watches?
- Niobium consumption is dominated bu its use as additive to high strenght low alloys (stainless) steel for oil and gas pipelines, car bodies, ships hulls and railroad tracks?
The T.I.C. was established in Belgium in 1974 due to concerns within the tantalum industry, as there was a lack of usful information. Therefore, the initial purpose of this international centre was to spread information about Tantalum and to promote the common interest and welfare of the producers, organizations and agencies.
Nowadays the T.I.C. increases the awareness and promotes the remarkable properties of both tantalum and niobium. Members are receiving consolidated data of among others statistics on raw material production. The T.I.C. also addresses major issues and challenges facing its industry, such as conflict minerals’ legislation, atrisanal and small-scale mining and transport of radioactive materials.
For more information, please visit the website of T.I.C. : https://www.tanb.org/index
T.I.C. 2020 membership certificate - RC Inspection Metals B.V_